Mother’s Day is a week away and what better way to celebrate than with brunch. Scones are always popular for breakfast or brunch but not every mother has a sweet tooth. These Cheddar and Chive Scones are perfect for those that prefer savoury over sweet.
Drop scones are my favourite kind of scone to make. They are super easy and the perfect dish for the kids to make. They are made with cream and come together so quick and easy. Just dump everything into a bowl, stir and drop the batter onto a baking tray. Seriously.
These are perfect with a pat of salted butter. Turn these up a notch with a sprinkle of Nigella seeds on top.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 TB fresh chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the cheese and chives and stir.
- Add the cream and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Drop by the large spoonful onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm. Makes about 1 dozen scones.