Today is my mom’s better and what better way to celebrate than with Funfetti Cupcakes. The plain cake with splotches of rainbow throughout the cake is the perfect cake for both the young and the young at heart. It’s also super easy to make!
Just take your favourite plain cake recipe. My go-to is the sour cream cake, which I make quite often. Then add some rainbow sprinkles which is the key to making this colourful cake. You have to make sure that you use the long sprinkles and not the round nonpareils which won’t melt and give you the same effect.
I topped these cupcakes with my favourite buttercream and it was a hit.
Happy Birthday Mom! We love you!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vanilla and eggs until incorporated.
- Add the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.
- Add the rainbow sprinkles until incorporated.
- Put batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.