I love the holidays! The lights, the gatherings, Santa…and the baking! It’s the season for butter tarts, chocolates and cookies. Lots of cookies.
These candy cane kissed chocolate chip cookies take a tried and true recipe doctored up a bit for the season . Holiday chips, in red, white and green with a slight minty taste, are added to the batter with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Candy Cane Kisses adorn the tops of the cookies once they come out of the oven. A classic with a holiday spin.
I’m happy to be participating in a very special Canadian Cookie Collaboration between the Canadian Food Creatives and the Canadian Christmas Cookie Exchange. #CDNFoodCreatives
Visit these Canadian Bloggers to save all of these sweet holiday cookie recipes:
- Austrian Husarenkrapferl Cookies by Evelyne at CulturEatz
- Candy Cane Kissed Chocolate Chip Cookies by Fareen at Food Mamma
- Chocolate Candy Cane Biscotti by Amanda at Peppers & Pennies
- Christmas Piñata Cookies by Karin at The Kitchen Divas
- Coconut shortbread Sandwiches by Taylor at The Girl on Bloor
- Crispy Spicy Almond Roccoco Italian Cookie Recipe by Maria at She Loves Biscotti
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies by Diana at 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Eggnog Madeleines by Samantha at My Kitchen Love
- Eisenbahner (Railroad) Cookies by Vicky at Tiny Sweet Tooth
- Gluten Free Thumprint cookies by Jenn at One Heart One Family
- Jewish Shortbread Cookie Pie by Jo-Anna at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
- Nanny’s Molasses Cookies by Laura at Bluenose Baker
- Peppermint Macarons by Cristina at I Say Nomato
- Sablés Bretons with Chocolate Caramel Beurre Salé by Hilary at Cocoa Bean, the Vegetable
- Stained Glass Gingerbread Cookies by Megan at Food & Whine
- Stuffed Double Chocolate Turtle Cookies by Cassie at Crumb Kitchen
- Thumbprint Caramel Shortbread Cookies by Kacey at The Cookie Writer
- Toasted Flour Sablés by Kimberlie at The Finer Cookie
- Triple Chocolate Pistachio Cookies by Marie at Food Nouveau
- Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Ginger Crisps by Melanie at The Refreshanista
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup holiday baking chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 24-30 Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
- Combine the sugars and butter and beat until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Add the two types of chips and mix slowly until incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place dough on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are done.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then add one kiss on each cookie.
- Let cool.
Jo-Anna Rooney says
The Finer Cookie/Kim says
vicky Chin says
Samantha @mykitchenlove says
Kacey @ The Cookie Writer says
Evelyne CulturEatz says
Cristina @ I Say Nomato says
Diana L. says