It’s a constant battle, trying to eat healthy but not wanting to compromise on flavour. This Chicken Fajita Salad is the perfect meal in that it delivers in taste and you don’t have to feel guilty about it.
The chicken is tossed in taco seasoning and baked with onions and peppers. The dressing is simple, a combination of salsa, sour cream and lime. This is easy and it’s perfect for the whole family.
Check out my video!
chicken fajita salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 TB taco seasoning
- 3 peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- green onions
- tortilla strips
- Place the chicken on parchment and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning generously over the chicken.
- On the same pan, add the onions and peppers, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- For the dressing, combine the sour cream, the salsa and some lime juice.
- Assemble the salad with lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, the cooked peppers and onions and the chicken.
- Top with tortilla strips.
Leave a Reply