When we visited my cousin in Toronto this summer, she introduced me to one of her favourite treats – chocolate energy bites. These chocolate balls were made with good ingredients and were super tasty. She asked if I could come up with something similar. Challenge accepted.
These delicious bites are made with simple ingredients, just five if you don’t count the water – almonds, chocolate chips, dates, coconut and cocoa. You know when there is chocolate, nuts and coconut involved, it’s going to be delicious!
Just throw everything into the food processor, roll balls and keep them handy in the fridge. You can keep them as is or roll them in cocoa to satisfy your chocolate craving. I can’t promise that they will last long. The kids loved them so I think they just lasted a couple days.
I wanted to keep the almonds chunky, but you can chop them to your liking. Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 seedless dates
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 TB cocoa plus more for rolling
- water, a few TB
- Add almonds, chocolate chips, dates, coconut and cocoa to a food processor.
- Pulse until everything is chopped.
- Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together.
- Use an 8" cookie scoop to scoop the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll in cocoa if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.