Shrimp is such a quick and easy thing to make. These shrimp tacos make a great dinner in minutes.
When we are in a time crunch but still need to make dinner, shrimp is always a great go-to. They thaw quickly and cook in minutes and it’s definitely welcome by all.
These shrimp tacos are so easy, you don’t have an excuse to not cook. I like to buy shrimp raw, so that I can ensure that they don’t get overcooked. Once thawed, peeling the shrimp and removing the tails does not take long at all. Any size of shrimp will do, but I do love using the 16/20 size (meaning you get 16 to 20 per pound). The large shrimp are just so meaty!
While it’s quick and easy to cook the shrimp on the stove, I roasted these shrimp in the oven. I just preheated the oven to 400 degrees, drizzled the shrimp with olive oil and taco seasoning (affiliate link) and cooked them for 8 to 10 minutes.
While the shrimp are cooking, make the slaw and heat the tortillas. For the slaw, I used an avocado, lemon or lime juice, using whichever citrus I have on hand, sour cream and bagged coleslaw mix. I find the mix super easy, no cutting cabbage and being left with way more than I need. To make the corn tortillas pliable, I warm them over a flame on the stove.
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 TB taco seasoning
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 TB lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- bagged coleslaw mix
- tortilla shells
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning and toss so that the shrimp is fully coated in the seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash a ripe avocado with a fork.
- Add lemon or lime juice and sour cream and mix well.
- Add the bagged slaw and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the tortilla shells and fill with the slaw and shrimp.
- Garnish with onions, jalapenos and cilantro.
Love tacos? Try these fried fish tacos!