Nothing more refreshing than a glass of lemonade! This sparkling raspberry lemonade is a tasty twist.
For me, summertime means lemonade. Whether it’s at the Stampede or the night markets, if there is lemonade there, odds are, I’m grabbing one. My only requirement is that it’s sparkling. I do love my bubbles.
This year, our raspberry bushes have exploded and we have had an abundance of berries. For this hot summer we have been having, sparkling raspberry lemonade was in order. This has been so refreshing all season long. Another easy drink to put together.
This year, we grew some mint, so it was the perfect addition to our lemonade. I also made a simple syrup, equal parts of sugar and water, to sweeten the batch.
- 1 cup lemon juice (4-6 lemons juiced)
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- mint leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups sparkling water
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar and q cup of water and warm until dissolved.
- In a jug, muddle the rapsberries and mint until the berries are crushed.
- Add the lemon juice, simple syrup and sparkling water and stir until well combined.
- Add slices of lemon and sprigs of mint to garnish.