When Q heard it was pie day tomorrow, he asked what kind of pie I was going to make. “I know you can’t resist making a pie for pie day”. Does he know me or what? It’s Pi(e) Day, so, naturally, we have to have pie!
Not having a lot of time, I needed to do something simple. It seemed like the perfect day to make this Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie. My aunt used to make this when we were younger and it was something that made an impression. The pie is creamy with peanut butter goodness and chunks of chocolate. So good!
I bought a prepared pie crust so the pie took minutes to put together. Ice cream combined with peanut butter and whipped topping made the filling. The hard part was waiting for the pie to set!
How are you celebrating Pi(e) Day?
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust pie shell
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Combine the ice cream, peanut butter, whipped topping and chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Freeze until set.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce or top with peanuts.