A spin on an original, these Lucky Charm Bars are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day…or any day you are feeling lucky!
If there’s one thing that the kids love, it’s Rice Krispie Squares. Who can resist the gooey marshmallow with the crispy cereal. It’s definitely comfort food at it’s best. It’s also one of the first things my kids learned to make. I mean, once you make those, you would want to spend more time in the kitchen, right?
For St. Patrick’s Day, we decided to change it up a bit, replacing the crisped rice with one of our favourite cereals – Lucky Charms! Definitely a guilty pleasure with the little bites of dehydrated marshmallows.
You make the Lucky Charm Bars in the same way, leaving out the vanilla. Once the cooked mixture is pressed into a pan, I sprinkle on some more cereal, but purely for aesthetic reasons. I do love how the rainbow marshmallows shine.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charm cereal
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal, stirring until coated.
- Using a spatula, press into an 8" x 8" greased pan.
- Add an extra handful of cereal, pressing it into the top.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
Looking for another St. Paddy’s Day treat? Try this green bark!