It’s World Nutella Day! Naturally, a Nutella lover like myself is happy to use any reason to make something with the chocolate hazelnut spread.
To celebrate the occasion, I combined Nutella with one of my favourite cookies – shortbread! The dough was formed into thumbprints making it the perfect vessel to hold a spoonful of Nutella. Make this buttery creation even more delectable with a sprinkle of chopped nuts!
Want some more ways to celebrate with Nutella? Check out this Pinterest board!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- chopped nuts
- Beat the butter and the icing sugar.
- Add the vanilla.
- Combine the flour until well mixed.
- Roll the dough into balls and make a little indentation using a teaspoon measure.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and reinforce the indentation.
- Once cooled, fill the cookies with Nutella and sprinkle with chopped nuts (if desired).