With life being as crazy as it is, I’m always on the search for a quick and delicious meal. I still turn to the Instant Pot when I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. From ribs to potatoes, it really is my go-to. It’s also perfect to make Instant Pot Lasagna.
Wanting to have lasagna one evening but not wanting to put in the time, I was determined to make a deconstructed version in the IP. All in one pot, you can saute your meat and vegetables and, using oven-ready lasagna noodles, cook the pasta under pressure. One pot!
Dinner was made in less than half an hour and we all had a hearty meal that was cheesy and comforting. Even Q who is not always a fan of pasta went back for more – always a sign of success.
Since the lasagna wasn’t cooked in the traditional way, I just dolloped some ricotta on top of each bowl. It was the perfect finish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 TB garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 640mL jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 375g box oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 TB ricotta cheese
- parsley or basil for garnish.
- Turn the Saute mode on the Instant Pot.
- Pour some oil into the pot and cook the onions and garlic.
- Add the ground beef and cook.
- Add any other vegetables that you would like to add.
- Add the pasta sauce and water and the broken lasagna noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Manual on High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the pot beeps, wait five minutes and then do a quick release.
- Stir in a cup of cheese and then dollop the ricotta on top.