These air fryer zucchini fries are made easily and are packed with flavour. Perfect for a snack or to watch the game.
I have to admit, the air fryer has become one of my favourite appliances in the kitchen. It’s so easy to make things crispy without the use of any oil. It’s been amazing!
I had a couple of zucchinis sitting in the fridge and I thought, what better way to use them up than to make some “fries” in the air fryer. Everyone agreed that this was a brilliant idea.
I didn’t have any breadcrumbs in the house but I did have a bag of croutons in the pantry. I just crushed them up and made them into crumbs. This has come in handy a few times!
The crushed croutons were mixed with cheese and the flavour was amped up with some Italian seasoning and garlic powder. The cut zucchini was coated in egg and then rolled in the crumb mixture before being put in the air fryer.
No flour, no oil. Yes!
How did I know these air fryer zucchini fries were going to be made over and over? Q does not like zucchini but I was happy to see him enjoy every bite.
This recipe is perfect as a snack, a side and amazing for watching the Grey Cup!
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup croutons, crushed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cut the zucchini into sticks, the same size.
- In one bowl, beat the egg.
- In another bowl, combine the crushed croutons, the cheese and the seasonings.
- Take each zucchini stick, dunk in the egg, roll in the seasoning and place on the air fryer basket.
- Airfry at 400 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes, depending on your air fryer.
Looking for more ideas for your Grey Cup party? Click here for 5 dips to enjoy.