Nothing says the holidays like candy canes in everything! These candy cane Mini Egg cookies are perfect for the season.
This post contains affiliate links.
It’s no secret that chocolate and mint is one of my favourite combinations. So, when I saw the candy cane Mini Eggs, I knew I had to pick some up.
While thoughts of using them to top cupcakes first came to mind, the eggs were just begging to be crushed and put into cookies. More per bite, right?
I used one of our favourite chocolate chip cookie recipes and added the crushed mini eggs. You can use all the candy to replace the chocolate chips or do a mix of both. I did a mix of both because I can’t resist the ooey gooey chocolate as it comes out of the oven. One cup of whichever you choose, or combination is perfect, although when it comes to chocolate, measure with love.
These candy cane Mini Egg cookies are a welcome treat in a holiday gift box or as part of a cookie exchange. And don’t forget to leave some out for Santa!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup + 2TB flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane Mini Eggs
- Beat together the softened butter and the sugars.
- Once combined, add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and candy and mix.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place the dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Makes 20-24 cookies depending on the size of your cookie scoop.
Looking for another way to use Mini Eggs? Try these Mini Egg Chocolate Covered Strawberries.