These cheese stuffed meatballs are a new family fave. Made in minutes in the instant pot, they are perfect with pasta or a hunk of bread.
Still Love The Instant Pot!
I’ve had my instant pot for over a year now and it’s still one of my favourite appliances. I love all that it can do and it has really helped in getting dinner done quicker. Yes, it takes time to come to pressure, but a lot of work is hands off, so you can go do other stuff – homework with Q, hockey with Z or the never ending laundry. My goal this year is to add to the Instant Pot archive on my blog.
I’m always looking for different things that the kids will like and this recipe has been a hit. When the kids ask for something for more than a day or two in a row, you know you’ve got a winner. Meat and cheese in sauce is pretty perfect. Serve this with your favourite side. We all ate it differently – with pasta, cauliflower rice, bread – everyone was happy.
I use a cookie scoop to ensure that all the meatballs are the same size. Just flatten the meat and roll it around one bocconcini.. Using your favourite jarred pasta sauce makes this dish easy and quick.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 200g package mini bocconcini
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, egg and spices.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure out some beef, flatten it out and roll it around one bocconcini.
- In the instant pot, add 1 cup of your favourite pasta sauce.
- Add the meatballs to the pot and pour another 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on top.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is put to sealing.
- Press the Manual button and set the time for 10 minutes.
- Turn the valve to Venting and do a quick release. Enjoy!