This chocolate bundt cake is simple and moist and perfect with a glass of milk.
Everyone seems to love a bundt. If you have a good recipe, it’s easy to make and it’s easy to make it look stunning. After getting a new pan, I knew that a new recipe was in order.
I based this chocolate cake on my sour cream cake. It’s always a hit and I knew that it would only need a tweak or two to satisfy any chocoholic. The sour cream makes the cake super moist. Decorate the cake simply with a sprinkling of icing sugar or pour over a simple chocolate glaze. Perfect with a glass of milk or tea if you prefer.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar, optional
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vanilla and eggs until incorporated.
- Add the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Put batter in a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Decorate with a sprinkling of icing sugar.