Spicy and delicious, this Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail has the perfect amount of kick.
Looking for a drink to spice up your Cinco de Mayo celebration? This tangy mocktail is perfect for everyone!
I love coming up with mocktails because it caters to all. Once you have a good tasting mocktail, it can easily be adapted to become an alcoholic cocktail.
I infused the jalapeno into the simple syrup and it gives the drink the perfect kick. The syrup adds the sweet with a little bit of heat. You know the kind that warms you up and lingers for a while but doesn’t make you feel like your mouth is on fire? The tangy lime juice was combined with the sweet orange juice which both paired well with the jalapeno.
The drink was finished simply. A short glass rimmed with some salt and garnished it with a slice of lime and a slice of jalapeno. Let the celebrations begin. Cheers!
Yields 4 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- club soda
- Garnish: limes, jalapenos, coarse salt
- Cut the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds.
- Add to a pan with the sugar and water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Let the mixture simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and the liquid is clear. Let the syrup cool.
- In a pitcher, combine the lime juice, orange juice and 3 TB of the cooled syrup.
- Run a slice of lime over the rim of a glass and dip in coarse salt.
- Add ice to the glass followed by a quarter of the juice mixture.
- Add club soda to top it up.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and jalapeno.
For The Party