If you love Smore’s, this Smore’s Pie is for you! The pie has a graham cracker crust, a luscious chocolate ganache centre and is topped with marshmallows!
It’s Pi Day! I almost didn’t make a pie today. With everything going on in this crazy world, the last thing I wanted to do was make pie. When you’re stuck at home though, social distancing, making a pie turned out to be the best idea.
This is one of my favourites – Smore’s Pie! It’s super simple and will score you major brownie points, especially for those who love Smores.
The crust is made with graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Just mix the two together and press it into a pie plate (affiliate link). The second layer is the chocolate! Chocolate ganache to be exact. For this layer, you just need your favourite type of chocolate and some whipping cream. I normally have bags of semi-sweet chocolate in the pantry but milk or dark chocolate would work great as well.
You can’t have anything Smore’s without marshmallows. I used large marshmallows to top the chocolate layer and then put it under the broiler for just a minute, for a golden touch.
As a warning, you may want a few extra marshmallows. They have a way of disappearing before you have a chance to use them in a recipe. It’s easy to blame the kids, but only when they are around.
- 1 1/2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 300g chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 20 large marshmallows
- Combine the melted butter and the graham crumbs and press into a pie plate.
- In a bowl, add the chocolate chips.
- Heat the whipping cream until it's warm but not boiling.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and combine well.
- Our over the crust.
- Arrange the marshmallows over the chocolate layer.
- Place the pie under the broiler for just a minute until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Chill for a couple of hours before enjoying.
Here are some more pie ideas: