Bright flavours and a shortbread crust make these buttery lemon coconut bars hard to resist!
This post contains affiliate links.
While chocolate is my usual go-to when craving something sweet, I have to admit, I can’t resist anything where lemon shines. Lemon bars are something we all love around here but the addition of coconut just makes it even better.
These buttery lemon coconut bars have a shortbread crust that just melts in your mouth. Lemon and coconut are definitely a combo that work so well together. Add in the butter and you have something decadent and delicious. The taste of lemon is is enhanced by not only the juice of the lemon but the zest.
These don’t last long so I recommend doubling the recipe so you can delay the sadness you may feel when the last square is gone. I speak from experience.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon (approximately 3 to 4 TB_
- 2 TB flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the flour and a pinch of salt until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press into a parchment lined 8" x 8" pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the custard and pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes until it starts to get golden.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Love Lemons? Try these recipes!
Leave a Reply